1. - Top - End - #1063
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery VIII (spoilers ahoy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Levels =/= XP.
    Yeah, but how is it related with the accuracity of Elan's assertion?
    Hold Person is a special case that enforces a body position short of rotation, so does not have a meaningful relation to this scene. The rest is just a long way of saying "He was simply rotated from his previous attack, but I think that's more different than the change in posture from his previous block."
    Are you saying that rotation of a character body is not meaningful? In that case, indulge me: how do you know that Thog is dodging in panel 1 (second page #795) and attacking in panel 3?

So what lends weight to your opinion that this panel is part of the following sequence rather than the preceding sequence?
    This sequence, being the climax of this strip, is more detailed. There is more talking and we see the character in a close. Hence, each separated attack is shown.

You claim they're part of a sequence, then that being part of a sequence shows that they're part of the same round, without making the connection between what makes them part of a sequence and what makes them part of the same round. As I just noted, Roy's third unarmed attack is also the beginning of Thog's sequence, but that doesn't make it Thog's round. For my part, I see the panel in question as fitting better with the previous row, if we're making distinctions between "sequences" of some kind.
    Isn't true that Thog's AoO would happen in during Roy's round? Is not possible that this may ended (prematurely) his full-attack?

My point remains: we have not seen any indications that the four attacks happens in different rounds. In those other sequences you mention, we can see both opponents acting.
    Since I've spent a good deal of time discussing said visual elements, your agreement or lack thereof would seem to be predicated on your wish to be right, rather than a coherent view of the discussion.
    You talk about predicaments and wishing to be right, and yet you are the only one in this thread that seems to believe Thog is attacking in panel 4. Are your opinions a "coherent view of the discussion"?
    Last edited by sgtpimenta; 2012-05-05 at 02:17 PM.