Quote Originally Posted by Timeras View Post
Spoiler
Show
I agree about erasing the memories. But the Warlord not regenerating wasn't neccessarily a mistake. Regeneration was not really defined back then, it wasn't even called regeneration. The second Doctor said he had renewed himself and his own regeneration was just seen as a change of appearance. At that point in the show it was not yet established that a Timelord could regenerate physical injuries.
That is actually a good point that I hadn't thought of. War Chief comment withdrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
Two different one for different things, first about the Doctor's companion's there,
Spoiler
Show

I think the Doctor was just glad the Time Lords didn't kill them or abandon them somewhere. I felt he was sorta relived to see them okay after the Time Lords came in. He might have seen it as the best case scenario at the time. Also there is some other media involving an older Jamie where he claims the Doctor taught him some defensive mind tricks and he was able to retain the knowledge without the Time Lords knowing. This last part may be slightly off, it has been a while since I saw it.
Your first point does make a lot of sense, actually. There was a lot of resignation there.

As for the second, Expanded Universe is dumb. I mean, I would like it to be true, but glancing over the Doctor Who wiki on the subject makes it clear that every author had their own idea and none of them cared to share.

And about the Villain of that story and his end,
Spoiler
Show
The War Chief does infact regenerate, and is the bad guy in later bits. The uh... Sixth or Seventh Doctor fights him again, iirc.
EXPANDED UNIVERSE IS DUMB.

Spoiler
Show
By which I mean I just read the War Chief entry, and nothing in it makes any damned sense at all. The War Chief clearly recognized the Doctor as a Time Lord, but had never actually met him before their encounter in War Games. They could not possibly have been old school chums, let alone bitter enemies. If they had been bitter enemies why the hell would the War Chief try to convert the Doctor so dumb you know what never mind it's not worth it.