Quote Originally Posted by Master Arminas View Post
Not many, but some. Paladins have always (since 1st edition AD&D) been a difficult class to play. And I get that people don't like the lawful good alignment restrictions and the additional restrictions on their behavior. That's fine. Play a cleric/fighter!

But for me, Paladins always have been, and always will be, Lawful Good.

Master Arminas
Well... A Cleric/Fighter isn't a paladin. In fact it might be a higher tier? and without being told what to do.
Its hard to play becuase you don't get to do much other than smite and get told what to roleplay imo. How about it if I told you every barbarian or fighter had to be stupid or uncharismatic(especially them orcs)? Or every wizard was a nerd(especially them snooty elves)? that would be mean... But I mean, thats what they look like at a glance. Thats what people always think of them. Right? but oh thats a different case I suppose.

Do you only do core games btw? There are a lot of paladin variants out there. UA varients on the SRD has one for the other 3 exetreme alignments, and I'm pretty sure the dragon magazines have one for every other alignment(if not twice), but I pointed that out in an earlier post that got no love. So... yeah.