Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
And you think it isn't in ME3? You spend 95% of the game in the rest of the galaxy, saving small portions of it and witnessing firsthand how great the threat is all over even with much smaller Reapers forces than are congregated at Earth. Palaven burns, Thessia falls, a single Reaper controls the Geth and conquers Rannoch, the Rachni fall under Reaper control, and in the midst of it all there's Cerberus.

Just because the climax occurs at Earth doesn't mean the rest of the galaxy has ceased to be relevant. Quite the contrary, the rest of the galaxy's troubles end up taking precedence.

Zevox
This is true from a gameplay stand point but if the council had said "Sure! We are sending all fleets to earth RIGHT NOW!" Shepard would not have said "Nah, I need to do all of you favors first THEN you are invited to earth"

It is the difference between attitude and execution. ME1? Saving the whole council and the whole galaxy by exploring the whole galaxy. ME2? Saving all the human colonies all over the galaxy by finding crew and info across the galaxy. ME3? Saving earth by doing people favors across the galaxy.

Like you said, same gameplay but the attitude is different in that ME1 and ME2 you HAD to run all over the galaxy to get what you want and no one person or group had everything you needed. In ME3 you go to one place to ask for help and get strung along to get what you need from one or two groups (three if you count the krogan separate which I do not since the salarians are involved there) .