I always assumed the "I got it!" had more do to with the "hole a family member leaves behind". Specifically, the hole Nale left in Elan. In his liver.

I'm guessing Elan got Durkon's help to Send Nale a message: "Hey, there's a 90% chance you can kill our father if you do it while I'm watching and you're really surprising and dramatic about it." After all, Nale's a recurring villain. He's more likely to survive that kind of fight than Tarquin, a side-villain.
right cause when your confused and conflicting about the killing of family members the best way to solve it is by hiring your family member to kill your family members for you

besides no way Durkon would send that

It changes the genre. Though I figure it's more likely that they're *about* to get married.
If Tarquin suddenly finds himself in a romantic comedy, he's likely to act accordingly. He might even re-propose to Elan's Mom, assuming that she manages to get there in time for the wedding.
right so that after he remarries she can live in his empire while he actually doesnt change at all