Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
Oh, Tarquin. You're sillier than I thought.

I'm impressed with Roy making his Spot and seeing through the disguise, I gotta say. He's paying attention to details right in the middle of combat.
Yeah -it's just like he uses his Intelligence score in combat!

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
In order to remove the helmet, you have to either
<snip>
- or ripping the helmet off your opponent (including the head!!), which involves a STR check.
Actually, I expect my leather strap would break before my neck would.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
Furthermore, while most medieval style helmets are padded inside, they still REQUIRE you to wear a mask like the one Tarquin has there. Wearing a helmet without a mask will give you bruises to no end, even without combat. (ok, regenerating ring > bruises, but still).
My arming cap does not cover my face, nor does any I've ever seen. Do a google search of "arming cap" and you'll see dozens of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldRevenge View Post
So uh I don't really see why he's hiding his identity. Everyone already knows he is a bad guy. It's not going to be some big reveal when he does get unmasked.

Is it much of a tactical advantage for someone not to know your name? Course he could not want to be associated with the Linear Guild.
They jumped on him all together, which is the best way to quickly defeat a dumb barbarian who never uses magic items, but plays into the hands of a smart warrior with lots of items and tricks.

(Besides, if they knew it was Tarquin, they have a potential hostage. Somebody - maybe the genre-savvy bard - could put a blade at the throat of Tarquin's son and demand that Tarquin surrender.)