View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #852 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #129
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: OOTS #852 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rgrekejin View Post
    Not really. The "Batman: Under the Hood" comics came out in 2005. "Under the Hood" was the name Hollis Mason's fictitious biography in Alan Moore's "Watchmen", which pre-dates that by almost two decades. I'm sure there have been countless references to "Under the Hood" in superhero pulps through the years, and probably in older literature as well, so trying to pin down the exact first appearance of the phrase is probably a fool's errand, but rest assured it did not begin with Batman.
    Pretty sure OP was talking about this.
    EDIT: Ninja'd!

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    He's probably got a 2nd edition Ring of Regeneration(ating). We have seen hold-overs from previous editions before.
    Could be. I think FujinAkari probably has it right, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikroder View Post
    im not arguing one way or the other, neither side has done anything to show there winning
    Tarquin has done alot of damage to the Order, the Order has done little damage to Tarquin, and Tarquin has healed almost all damage. That looks very much like Tarquin has shown he is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikroder View Post
    im not entirely convinced it hasnt been an hour since weve missed an undeterminable amount of rounds
    Really? So with two lobbed vitriolic spheres, the order flying up and falling down, and Tarquin riding in on them and tassling a bit, you think it's possible a full hour has passed? Seriously?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2012-05-08 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Minor typo fixes.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2