Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Your N7 rank must be broken then. It continues to rise based on levelexperience; in fact it takes less experience to increase n7 rank from 350 to 351, than to go from level 18 to level 19. Promoting boosts it, but it is not just a sum of class levels. Otherwise mine would have hit 500 a while ago.
Nope, it's based on aggregate level-ups; every time you gain a level in any class, your N7 rank goes up by 1, and any time you promote a character it goes up by 10. It's easier to go from N7 350 to N7 351 than level 18 to 19 because all you have to do is whip out a level 1 guy and level him up once, which takes far less experience. If you were to fully level each of your classes and never promote them, then your max N7 rank is 120, but if you then promote a class you get an automatic +10 and now have another 20 levels of that class to go through, each one raising your N7 rank by 1. I've got 455 because I've promoted a lot of classes in the past and then leveled them back up to 20 or near it, but I could be at a much higher rank if I ever promoted my Engineers and Infiltrators that I've kept at max-level for weeks now so I can use them on Gold.