Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
(I would preface this by saying I have no idea what am I doing. )

Of course, while the scouts and assault squads were embroiled in battle, the rest of Esmeralda's squad (including the Rhino and assault squadron within) was creeping up on the left flank. "Indeed. She could have been a hero unit," Esmeralda said, as she looked up and smiled. With another hoof, she moved her next piece into battle...

===

"Our sisters have managed to split the enemy forces. At great cost," her adjutant reported. "The enemy commander have also decimated our scouts, save for one."

"They have done well. And the scouts even forced the commander to show her hand early. It would not do to waste their sacrifice." Ghost Wind looked thoughtful for a moment, before waving her remaining mobile assault squad forward. Unlike the first two however, this one came equipped with jetpacks. "Finish off the squad closest to us. We will follow." The rainbow-clad mareines nodded. With a great roar, their jetpacks ignited and they soared over the skies, landing amidst the remnants of the first two squads, and engaging the earth ponies in furious hoof-to-hoof combat, preventing any use of flamers without the risk of friendly fire. All the while, the Rhino rumbled closer, and began suppressing the other unengaged enemy half with its standard mounted heavy bolter.

"As for us, sister, we must make ready for combat," Ghost Wind said, putting on her helmet. Her adjutant nodded, and began her last rites of prayers in preparation for combat.
As Jewel knocked the last scout down, garbled chatter came in about a Rhino pulling up and mowing down her forces. She swore and hit a signal on her armored hoof.

Her devastators prepared to deepstrike and-

-----
Oh son of a... I hate it when deepstriking does this.
-----

-were lost to the warp.

The Commander scowled and teleported again, this time to attack the squads beating up her melta teams. She and the earth ponies were able to beat them, but at heavy cost - only two meltas and the commander remained, and the latter was badly wounded.

All remaining unengaged mareines turned their bolters and flamers on the Rhino. While the Rhino itself was relatively unharmed, a lucky bolter shot blew up the Rhino's weaponry. The Mareines would have to disembark to do any damage.

...Or ram them. But that had the chance of killing the mareines inside, so they wouldn't risk it right?

...Right?
-----
Lone Star looked over his and Es' forces. They were both at the end of their ropes now - the assault squad in the Rhino was the only undamaged unit on the field, and Commander Jewel gave an attack bonus to her attached squad, which he had changed to the tactical mareines. He had his Earth pony meltas move towards the Rhino as they finished their fight.

((I kinda lost track of who was doing what =S i think Es has two assault squads left, one of which is in the Rhino and the other's going for the Tactical mareines, while LS just has the melta ponies, the tac squad and commander Jewel))