Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
So, are they right? Where does this fit on the Tier-System? I don't think they realized that Freedom of Movement is a big issue. Their biggest criticisms were...
High tier 3 IMO. Note that this class is much more versatile as it nears level 20, but that is because we want the last 10 levels to stay relevant against prestige classes. Also, it is hard to be a crappy Ozodrin, so if everyone is making weak PCs this class might completely outshine them.

I would note that this class is extremely self-sufficient, so the less magic/items/etc the party has access too, the stronger this class gets.

-The Class Level bonus to intimidate. After checking the SRD, I'm not really impressed by what that gets you.
Yeah, I get the impression their claims of OPness is a knee-jerk reaction that is not supported by them actually trying the class.

-The stomach capacity ends up exceeding that of, I believe they said, an Ancient Red Wyrm. But honestly, who ever manages to use that much?
How many players play Ancient Red Wyrm Dragons? I think it would be better to ask "is this balanced in-game?", "Will this outshine everyone else?", etc. Things that actually matter for a PC class. Until high levels anything you would probably want to do with the stomach could be done with a portable hole / enveloping pit/ what have you.

-Anything extradimensional is supposed to be Su. I can see where they're coming from, but I think the extradimensionality is supposed to be an inherent part of your physiology.
-Strange Movement bypassing Dimensional Anchor. They seem to not like bypassing other things by virtue of existing at the cosmic level.
This is really something that needs to be playtested on a wider scale. We haven't had reports of SM actually being broken, but I do have a number of DMs who knee-jerk hate the whole unstoppable short range teleport thing. But the whole Ex-vs-Su thing is a niche situation, so it will probably take a ton of playtesting before we really know.

-Almost everything is Ex so it can't be shut down. To this, I say FoM is the class' big nullifier.
For the crazy grappling, yes. I still think we get +LoLNo grapple too early too easily. The stomach defenses end up as strong as they are as eating people at high levels is REALLY hard unless none of your enemies use FoM. Which would be very odd, at least in games I have played in. Even then, if it were easy to damage the stomach you are almost helping your enemies kill you by swallowing them (which most monsters are actually doing if they are stupid enough to swallow a high-level PC).

Gideon Falcon: I think the grappling should remain beaten by FoM. The ozodrin has other abilities it can use when FoM is in use.

I'd kind of like to see this class have more of its abilities made Su, its power split into Form Points from Con and Cosmic Points from Cha, and then at higher levels it could do a Class Level vs Caster Level thing and spend Cosmic Points for the difference to overcome AMFs and Dimensional Anchor on some of its abilities.
There is no reason to make this class more MAD than it already is. Ozodrin can't ignore their physical stats. The only contender for "Should this really be EX?", IMO, is strange movement.