Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
To add another point to the long-distance points:

Both of my previous relationships were long distance. One lasted for a month, the one before for two and a half years - the latter of which we were able to meet up twice a year. I would not willingly get into another long distance where there was no chance of us getting together in less than 6 months. I wouldn't be able to cope.

But then again, two of my friends are now married, and their relationship was Finland-America. Another of my friends has been in a long distance relationship for about 6 years now. So it can work. Just depends on the circumstances and the people.
Well, speaking as someone that was in a LDR for 2 years until very recently, it was hard being apart from her and the fact I couldn't get a job in Denmark and she was unlikely to get a job here led to our mutual break up.

Would I go through a LDR again? Yes, a thousand times yes. I discovered a new country, learned a new language and discovered a new way of looking at things. Plus I also got to date a beautiful and wonderful woman for 2 years. Going through all that again in another country with new experiences on offer? Hell yeah!

*(it'd have to be a country where I had a good chance of finding work though without a colossal language barrier )