View Single Post

Thread: Skyrim V: Skyrim

1. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    No, no there aren't. There's the old ruins of houses that were abandoned, and that's it, but...

...The Mages do admittedly have no idea Health And Safety means. Or collateral. Nutty wizards.
    According to citizens there have been quite recent accidents, the ruins look new, and the mages are idiots.
    Pardon me for making a connection.

Spoken of? By who? I've never heard it brought up by any NPC. Heck, the one place that you could even try to claim that for is the farm outside Windhelm, which turns out to be mostly fine after the battle ends.

Murder ; What? When?
    Arrest ; Derp? They're the law-making Empire that rules the lands.
    Mistreatment ; Aside from the overzealous Captain at the beginning of the game, when?
    Did you...
    did you ever talk to the stormcloaks?

Yes, the Imperials managed to catch the Thalmor in the Imperial City and kill an army... After losing all of thier regular legions and going for the emergency conscription to replace thier losses. Anything that kept the war going would be the end of Cyrodiil.
    No, they killed the army.
    The Aldmer were equally incapable of continuing the war, and the terms were equivalent to surrendering without a fight.
    Incorrect. Unless you're referring to the way that Imperials were Atmorans who left home a few centuries before the Nords did.
    Aaaand now I'm certain you haven't talk to the Stormcloaks.
    The legion is mostly Nord.
    I'm pretty sure there's an Imperial who confirms this but don't quote me on that.

By Skyrim law the Moot still has to pick a High King, by legal law Ulfric murdered Torigg, the Stormcloaks hit first by KILLING the current High King, and logic.... ASDGHEWeHRSDRG. I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot pole.
    We've been over why Skyrim would do better militarily without the empire to bog it down.

The duel was legal and accepted by Torygg, he knew the risk and lost.
    It's not murder by any definition of the word, and the Imperial accusation of such does not rest on the kill itself.
    Torygg himself shows no sign of having a grudge, and I'll be damned if the only people calling it murder aren't the ones who stand to lose by Ulfric becoming king.

As for the moot, had the Imperials not interfered he would have won the vote quite handily.
    Last edited by Opperhapsen; 2012-05-18 at 08:14 PM.