1. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wiz 3rd level spells, next feat Suggestions

Haste, fireball, sleet storm.
    Spell compendium adds scintilating sphere and mass snake's swiftness.

Other spells aren't as generally useful, and it SUCKS not being able to use a spell in a certain encounter. It doubly sucks when your only alternatives are 2nd level spells. Once you get to higher levels you might consider other spells, but for now I wouldn't even pick the "all stars" that are too specific.

For divination there isn't much. Spell compendium has lesser telepathic bond, but it's not much better than the Player's Handbook options.

I'd wait until level 9+ to get heighten, if ever. Spell focus and greater is better for now because it doesn't use a higher level slot where you may have better spell options. 4th+ level spells are probably better than heightened sculpted glitterdust even. Though sculpt spell is nice. Heighten is more for sorcerers who can use the generally better higher level spell most of the time, but heighten up a low level spell in the rare circumstances when it's better. I like empower as one of the most generally useful metamagics not only for damage spells but also spells like empowered ray of enfeeblement, empowered enervation and empowered false life.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-05-19 at 03:38 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)