1. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Snark, I paired these two virtues in the most "conflicting" manner. Conviction and Temperance are another pair of shoes, but just like You said. Virtues need not to conflict, they can complement and enrich each other.

Unless You are Sol-bot after "common sense" lobotomy, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand View Post
    I don't have RoSE right now, but I was under impression that Greater Flaw is Ebon Dragon only.. to give Exalts chance to fight him.
    And that is why I dislike this. It robs Players from the feeling of accomplishment the Solars of Primordial Usurpation give off. Exalts have plenty ways of fighting Ebby, just because he's Yozi, than giving them extra bonuses for no real reason.

We are also told that GoD are one of few things that can force UCS to supress his virtue, and that it was Primordials final revenge. I think that UCS adiction is great concept. It remainds me of bound Prometheus. Very mythical feel, with far-reaching implications.. as it is one of the problems that cannot be solved by violence.
    Perhaps, but also I would like to point out that there is little implied and said about the consequences UCS's negligence have on himself and others who play Games. And unless I'm mistaken Primordials can shake off the effects of the Games, for it was just it, amusement for them before they go forth after Shining Answer. Like Gaia did.

What I don't like is UCS being fetch boy for Solars when he ordered Auto-bot to geas Mountain Folks. It beg the question: why the most just and courageous being in setting is doing something so unfair, because of fear.
    And so on and so forth. Exalted being selfish, petty little people is one thing but UCS acting in similar vein is aggravating when compared with his official writeup.

My personal grudge goes not with Jadeborn unfair treatment (Note to self, never every Ally with Exalted ... no, not even then), but with complete and utterly ruthless tossing off of Dragon Kings. By UCS's noone the less. And flavor have it that they were created to worship him. They nearly died out for his cause, and ... he turned his back on them for no reason.

With Jadeborn there is clumsy explaination, that he bullied Auto-nerd to prevent all-out war between Jadeborn defending themselves and Exalted attacking them out of fear for their position on the top of the food chain. Theoretically it saved lives.
    Last edited by Rikandur Azebol; 2012-05-20 at 07:47 AM.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.