1. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

As soon as he hears Aldrin's chant (which was a more complex version of the vanishing spell he had been favoring), Rennard is able to discern the sorcerer's plan.

It is great to see your companions trusting you this much, Bonded whispers Reve, trying her best to tease the duelist in order to hide her own worries for her master's safety

It is not trust: If you look at the physical prowess to stealth ratio, I am just the most efficient choice replies the magus telepathically

Not everything is about logic, remember?

Rennard does not reply to the blade. Nonetheless, the magus makes an extra effort not to sound pedantic when he addresses his companions

This is a rational plan. But, before I venture forward, we need to test our hypothesis.

Eries,
    says the disembodied voice of the magus to the wererat are you able to track me through my scent? I am not sure if any being can rely on olfactory information here, but we need to be aware of the limitations of our plan. I will move approach you, let me know if you can detect my location

After gathering information on safe distances to approach, Rennard mutters

I will return as soon as I am able. Do not move

Making sure to imprint his companion's positions into memory, the invisible duelist readies his mind to cast a defensive spell should he be discovered.

Preparations and planning done, Rennard begins to move down the tunnel, trying to move as quietly as he can

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action: Cast shield

Probably need a stealth check (I had completely forgotten I had put ranks on it)
    Stealth - (1d20+29)[38] (Includes +1 for Bless, and +20 for Invisibility)

If there is no scent (or a small radius), Rennard will move as close as he can to get the location and numbers of the enemies.

If there is scent. Rennard will try to get as much information without getting into the radius and will decide if to venture deeper or not depending on how much info he is able to collect
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-05-20 at 03:10 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R