Well, it's been going for a while as we're coming up to a new season it's probably about time this had it's own thread. Where we can report on our games and characters and comment on the story, and try and get people to get in to the hobby.

Hint: it's on every Wednesday night, and due to my time travelling abilities I'll be posting a day earlier.

So, I've been playing since close to the start of the Neverwinter one. I ran part of Crystal Caves and all of Elder Elemental Eye. But for this one, I'm taking a break and playing.

For all the bad points (mainly not progressing above level 4), Encounters has quite a few points in its favour in attracting people to the hobby. New players can just walk in off the street, with or without a character (but can we please have some new pre-gens!) and play that night. It also encourages people to try DMing, as everything is more or less written for you. You also get to keep the adventure and maps when the season is over.

I do see Encounters more of a social thing than anything else, and that's not a bad thing. It doesn't have the same feel of a campaign you are making, but it's not a bad start for one.

Any thoughts? Who will be playing/DMing? I'm going to be a Drow ranger with a spiked chain.