Mathias looks a bit sadly at the group, though not because they don't want to just rush in and kill everything. Apparently, he understands their thought process.

"I'm afraid the most we've gotten from them during a rampage is broken smatterings of common. 'Where is it' and 'Give it to us' have been the most common, although we've heard 'smash', as well. As for exacts, we simply don't know. Until recently we didn't even know the giants existed. It would be a bit cliche to say they appear to have popped out of the ground, but that is the case. How they think we have stolen anything of theirs, I can't even imagine, though if you could come up with a solution that doesn't involve a new river, I would be overjoyed."

Spoiler
Show
Knowledge Result:

The Ashenpeak Mountains are a rather haphazard collection ranging from simply tall hillsides to active (or recently active) volcanoes. If one were to build a base in the range, the most obvious solution would be either tunnels inside the volcanic rock faces (which might serve the dual purpose of a mining operation) or a camp in one of the canyons that dot the landscape.

Rumors have been going around for years that the dwarves have already made a few citadels inside the range, but no one has proven these claims.

Several places catch your eye immediately as likely candidates: Relemar, the shortest fully-grown mountain, which hasn't been active in recorded history and is rich with iron deposits.

Vaglanthus, the sleeping giant, which has a history of spontaneously awakening and spewing lava and ash into the air, but for the present appears habitable.

Or Bulwadarr, the largest of the trio, which was very recently active but is currently dormant. This one is the mountain with the dwarven rumors.