Quote Originally Posted by Tehnar View Post
I am not talking about their design decision, or what features they decided to include in the playtest. I am talking about basic things like consistency, proof reading and logic.

Things like the rogue character example doing d6 with daggers and d8 with slings, fighters having extra damage and hit for no specified reason. That medium armors are strictly worse then light/heavy. The torch which is better then a club which is better then the mace. Is it a undisclosed class feature? Is it a typo? How do you playtest if you don't know the mechanics behind the class?

The fact that there are 7 or so spells that require a saving throw but all of them are against con, wis or dex. They could at least include one example that is not.

Later they say something like this: "There are tasks that some characters can perform automatically while other characters have no chance of doing" with the example of a boulder in front of a cave given. It is obvious that the designers don't understand their own math with that statement. If one character were to fail at a task 100% of the time while another succeeds 100% of the time (using their threshold ability +5 >= DC), the autosuccess guy would need to have 24 str, while the auto fail guy would need 6 str, and a push DC of 19. Using their own example it is impossible for a mere adventurer to have a ability over 20; that is the realm of gods and mosters.

If I wrote a rough draft of a project with the same quality as this playtest was written I would get yelled at by my boss. If on the success of this project depends the future of my company, I would get fired for writting work of such quality.
Huh, this is actually amazingly good quality for any other rpg playtest ive been involved in. Theres a handful of editorial/explanation problems and they bothered to provide any kind of useful formatting (which I assume was the-for the public thing). I actually find it very funny that someone would yell at another adult human for making a mistake on a draft.