1. - Top - End - #615
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k fluff thread VI: They see me Ward'en, they haten

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Presumably, the turmoil in the Warp that closed off the proto-Imperium from it's frontiers was caused by Slaanesh being 'formed', and afterwards - with the generated power spent and the danger concentrated into one small area - the Warp calmed and the Emperor was able to make his move.
    I think the original explanation was that the warp storms were caused by the Eldar (either due to them surpressing their emotions in the original version or by their excesses in the current version). Wiping out most of the Eldar is what carmed it down.

Sometimes Slaanesh is blamed but the sort of Jungian combined psychic unconciousness of the pre-fall Eldar and the embyronic form of Slaanesh are pretty much the same thing.

Even now Slaanesh still isn't fully detatched from the Eldar, hence the soulstones and the Dark Eldar having to top themselves up as their souls naturally get pulled into Slaanesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhawk View Post
    It also helps excuse the rubbish GW passes off as a timeline of events. Seriously, could someone please explain to me in detail when the Eldar Empire was around please? It always seems to clash with the Pre-Emps Human galactic civilisation. Everytime I try and work it out, Slaanesh ends up being born at the same time the Iron-Men are rebelling for some reason...
    The height of the Eldar and the Dark Age of Technology were more or less concurrent. The Iron Men thing happened way before the birth of Slaanesh. Since as I say above, the fall into decadence of the Eldar caused the warp storms that cut off terra, so the Human and Eldar golden ages end at pretty much the same time, though its a bit less dramatic in the Eldar case as its more of a cultural decline than everything suddenly going bad.

15th millenium
    Dark Age of Technology starts, humans colonise the galaxy and have the iron men as their army

25th millenium
    Warp storms start to rise, ending the Dark Age of Technology and causing the Age of Strife. The Iron men have already been discontinued by this point.

30th millenium
    Fall of Eldar, birth of Slaanesh, Eye of Terror forms. Great Crusade begins.

41st millenium
    Current timeframe.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2012-05-25 at 05:33 PM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.