Quote Originally Posted by captaineddie View Post
Can someone help me out, I, for the life of me, can't figure out the attack rolls

Say. Look at the Moradin Priest for example, he has a Strength of +2, but he has a +4 to hit on his warhammer, where are the other +2 coming from? Training? If you have training in that weapon do you automatically get a +2?
We just don't know since the play test doesn't tell us. We can see that a Fighter has a +3 vs the +2 of the cleric and others (remember the Halfling is using Dex so it makes sense) whether or not that is a hidden BAB we can't read or another buff we won't know until they show us more info.

Also fighter seems to have a bonus to damage.

Did a bit of play testing.... Have to say I really do like how our level 1 heroes are so much harder / can go for longer then 3.5 (since that is what I play) less of the 15min work day.

There are no AoO are there? (Unless you make a ready action) so there is no issue running past people / away from them.

I can't find anything at all that says that flanking or outnumbering gives an Advantage in combat (other than the DM said Kobolds have a racial that does that) so other then jumping behind another player how can the Halfling get his Sneak Attack off each round? Is he/she not meant to?

Most of us playing think that flanking/outnumbering should give an advantage to hit (or at least one person should be able to use his action to "Assist") but since I can't seem to find it stated anywhere and we all very much want to "Playtest the rules given rather then playtest the homebrew we make as we play" I was wondering if I missed it (or if it's the DM bit and he missed it)

Oh on playing the "Ray of Frost = win" tried it on a big bad and failed to hit for 3 turns running (while the big bad hit people) since there is nothing about touch attacks or flat footed (other then advantage on attack) then spells that are ranged attacks should be VS the Armour stated (Yes again I could easy work out Touch AC but thats forcing 3.5 rules into 5.0 playtest)

Anyone else have examples of things they have come across while playing ?

P.S Please avoid listing details of encounters for those of us who haven't yet played the full modual