View Single Post

Thread: Heroes of the Fall

1. - Top - End - #577
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of the Fall

Spoiler
    Show

For future reference the realm Haramhold created will be referred to as Sanctuary.

The people of Salus began rebuilding their city, even greater than it once was as it was no longer bound within the confines of the great wall. Plans were made for great halls and tall towers, Wide open plazas of pure white granite and never ending fountains filled by Haramhold's water stone.

Haramhold left the details majority of the details for the guild masters to decide, although he gave more than a little input and advice onto the design and ascetic of the structures. Most of the gods time in the days following the rise of Sanctuary was in restoring Green MorningStar to her former splendor and in the design of a new realm. One that would interconnect with dozens of locations across the disc. It was too dangerous to travel to and fro Sanctuary as the damage Green MorningStar suffered was any indication. Salus would be safe within Sanctuary but it would eventually stagnate, it needed contact and trade with the outside world. So the plans for the portal hub slowly came together.

Every evening after Haramhold and Amanda finished their daily tasks they would come to the house they had built for Jongo and see how the eldest fared.

Tales of Salus
    Jack the Thief
    Spoiler
    Show

Life was good until the storms came. Years of hard work destroyed in an instant. Do you even know how frustrating that is? It was not only the material wealth which was destroyed that I would have shrugged off. Things are just things but the deaths were hit me hard. Reliable contacts and informants are rarer than gold and I lost many of those during the storm.

Fortunately or unfortunately I am not as yet sure a bird dropped out of the sky during the storm. Turned out to be that Shapechanging god Jongo. Can you believe it? The one being I had spent a considerable amount of effort to avoid detection from lands on my doorstep and I am careless enough to let him or her i can never tell into my home. It was gone soon after waking up for that I'm grateful, I can only hope that it did not get a good look at my face. Its not that I have anything against the eldest of the gods mind you, O no from what I hear it is quite the loveable bloke but where I can conduct my business beneath Haramhold's notice I doubt I would have such freedom with this god.

I managed to weather out the storms as you can probably tell and didn't have a heart attack when our dear beloved deity created Sanctuary, no small feat I can tell you. So here I am sitting in my partially ruined house looking up at the bright blue sky and for once in my life I am truely grateful for having a god's protection. Its useful.

When Amanda went of on her humanitarian mission to the surrounding towns I made sure that two of the volunteers were my men. Neither of them survived the journey, don't look at me like that. I made sure that neither of them were married or had dependents. I'm a criminal not a monster. Where was I, O right When Amanda came back with a thousand recruits... I mean refugees I made arrangements that any time Green MorningStar left with a crew I would have at least one man aboard.

The guild masters were extremely busy in the following days as they completely redesigned the city. I made sure my voice was heard and that certain desirable features were added in.
    Last edited by shorewood; 2012-05-28 at 05:16 PM.
    Sometimes it is useful to know how large your zero is. ~Author Unknown