View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

So, things are looking both up and down.

On the up side, after two suicide attempts and spending an entire third of April in a locked psych ward between them, several medication changes and setbacks, the current most recent medication seems to be working pretty damn well and I'm actually almost functioning again.

On the down side... Hoo boy.

- My hours at work just got cut from working five days a week to working three, for a completely BS reason of them 'having a lot of problems' with me being late. (Rarely, and usually by a couple of minutes, and oh yeah I've been screwed up from all the medication changes, so sorry, oh by the way, there's several late more often than I am for less good reasons) What it really is: The absences from being in the hospital. But they can't say that or I can lawsuit them. Jerks.
    - This is a problem because I already didn't make enough to live on my own on. Now I'm going to making about $400 a month less. Even better:
    - I have to move soon. Very soon. I don't know where too, by the way. I live with my mother currently, who I don't get along with and doesn't want me around. She's about to move to Florida in a few months and very much does not want me to go with her, nor do I really want to go with her. My dad cannot take me, she can't afford to.
    - I have no savings because herpderp poor. I don't have anyone whose couch I can crash on, no relatives other than my parents, and nowhere to go. This city is dead and I hate it anyway. It's horrid for my allergies, the weather is terrible, and the south is hostile to my kind. (Let's see, I'm trans, bi, pagan... Yeeeah.)
    - I'm not getting enough now to even split rent with someone here, even assuming I could find a tolerable roommate.
    - Mom has to be out of this apartment by the 15th of August.

Currently, I plan to try to sell... Nearly everything I own, in hopes of raising enough money to go somewhere else. I'm thinking Seattle, I've been there before and loved it and it's a bigger city in a more liberal state. This is assuming my mother lets me keep the car. I think she will at this point, because she's that eager to get rid of me, but.

So it looks right now like by the end of August I'm going to be homeless, obviously without a job since if I go somewhere else I'll have to quit my job here, and I'm a little terrified. Especially since I just now got vaguely stable and it's going to be hard to get my medications now. :| (It's 55 bucks every month I go see the psych, which is a stretch for me right now, and if I move I'll have to try to find one.)

Even if I stay here and somehow get a better job that pays enough to rent an apartment in the slums, nobody would rent to me because my credit is trashed. So I'd pretty much be homeless regardless, so it's like... Screw this, go be homeless somewhere I can actually stand, you know? Especially since this city doesn't seem to have much in the way of homeless shelters anyway.

I just... Really don't know what to do, and it scares the crap out of me.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-05-29 at 01:43 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.