View Single Post

Thread: The Minds of Almantha

1. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Minds of Almantha

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    It's just 11pm right now, and I've had an idea.

Four moons seems a bit much, as you said, but how about four astral bodies? The main Moon is one, then the second. Finally there might be a particularly prominent Star (like Polaris with Earth) and a nearby planet. While Alabas may have had a hand in these things, there's no reason the commoners would know.
    No amount of power would be able to affect the planets (or the stars, like they theorized) like how you're implying, not even that attained by Alabas in its heyday. Not that it stopped them from trying, of course, leading to the trick with the second moon, but even that failed to grant them the power to travel to or affect what is now the star associated with Aqua. Will think up names for these planets and stars later,

According to Fissura Canon, the primary moon is a manifestation of Dekon's power, and the secondary is the same for Obsid (first moon is green, second is red). The officials in the church who make these sorts of decisions figured a green and red moon so close to each other must naturally represent Dekon and Obsid's close relationship. Likewise, the Arch Star (due to it resting at the highest point of the sky, or Arch), is a rather vivid silvery-blue color and often associated with Aqua due to this as well as its tendency to wax and wane like the tides (I'm assuming few understand the relationship between the moon, gravity and tides on Almantha cuz otherwise this all falls apart). The nearby planet (like Mars or Jupiter), is often thought of as a star. It is believed to represent Saala because it's orbital pattern across the sky seems to always hold near the Arch Star, thus representing Aqua and Saala's less-obvious closeness.
    I like it, but I think the Arch Star should be 1) as bright as Vega, if not brighter, and less of a bluish light and 2) should be associated with Saala, not Aqua. Aqua would get a Jupiter-sized Neptune visible enough to discern its blue tint, especially as it's widely known how energetic Aqua is and how sedated Saala is in contrast. The rest is unchanged.

And for PC's to figure out:
    Spoiler
    Show
    that Lich, Arussif? Whenever his presence is felt it is represented by Sun imagery, as his thirst for vengeance is ever-burning, and/or he is the TRUE Mind of Fire, with Obsid only a pretender.

Anyway that's what I got tonight. I'll check back tomorrow evening. Sleep is coming.
    I like that, a lot. And it provides a whole new dimension on designing the boss fight rooms.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-05-29 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.