Q 441

I'm building a (for now, theoretical) build for Pathfinder using some 3.5 stuff ported in. It's a teleportation-focused build, so obviously the Conjuration (Teleportation) arcane school is perfect. And then I noticed the favored class bonus for elf and gnome. They're worded differently but as far as I can tell are identical:

Gnome
Add +1/2 to the number of uses per day of arcane school powers. This increase only applies to arcane school powers available at 1st level and normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the wizard’s Intelligence modifier.

Elf
Select one arcane school power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the wizard’s Intelligence modifier. The wizard adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that arcane school power.

I'm just unsure exactly what it adds. It adds "1/2," but half of what? Of the previous total? So if I had Int 18 (+4), normally I'd be able to use the ability 7 times. Does that mean that, at each level up (including 1st level), it would instead give me three additional uses per day? If I get up to Int 20 (+5), that would give me the ability 8/day normally, would it start adding 4/day at each level up? That can't be right, as you'd end up with some ridiculous number of a very useful ability However, it does say:

The following options are available to the listed race who have wizards as their Favored Class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the listed Favored Class reward.

So it sounds like you do get that many uses. Now, the build I'm using only takes Wizard for 4 levels, but still, that would be a large number of uses of a swift action teleport. For a teleporting-gish character, this is incredible.

So does it actually work as I described above, or am I missing something?