Nai Calus:
What you describe is indeed terrifying. I think it's impressive that you are considering turning a dilemma into an adventure by looking into places you would love to live. And I can personally recommend Seattle. If you've not spent much time there, may I recommend looking at community blogs (The West Seattle Blog is pretty awesome) to get an idea of what the neighborhoods are like before you schlepp across country to live there.

You can also check out jobs listings in cities you are considering. No reason to go there and have no income or place to live.

Blue,

I've been thinking about you a lot .

Sometimes the stress of a big change (you know, like leaving home to go to college for the first time) makes a person feel depressed for a while. And sometimes the aftermath of depression leaves one feeling sort of apathetic and disconnected. This seems to be what happened to you.

Of course, knowing that does not make the problem go away. But I want you to know about this because it *might* mean you are getting close to an upswing. Hang in there.

Meanwhile, keep doing all the things you are doing, even if it feels a little "automatic" for now. It will feel more real soon.

Also, I don't recall if you are "seeing anyone" for your depression. You do need someone to talk to about this regularly, because with you it seems to be a recurring situation.

I like Coffee's suggestion. What are your summer plans?

Also, for what it is worth, you have accomplished a great deal this year, and I am proud of you.

*hugs*

-Monkey