View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

And on top of the potential homelessness I mentioned last night, my latest attempt to try to show someone that I'm not mad at them and want them to stop keeping their distance seems to have backfired and annoyed them instead. Sigh. It's something I really should just give up on, it's not worth it and he's not willing to reconcile things or change his mind about anything. I've been told by several people that his hang-ups aren't my problem, but I still feel guilty and like I drove him away. I've tried so hard to fix this, but it just seems to keep getting worse.

@MonkeyBusiness

I plan to, but the reality of the situation is that I'm not exactly going to be able to get a job in another state without being there to interview for it, and I have no savings and no resources. Same with a place to live. Need to have money first. Not likely to have it. It's awkward. (I'd be homeless here too with my current job, I didn't make enough with it to live on my own or even with a roommate *before* my hours got cut. Probably lose it pretty quickly, too, it's on the outskirts and all the homeless shelters are downtown, what few there are. Couldn't afford the gas, wouldn't be able to afford food and all the free food options are downtown and during the hours I'd be working, derp. Pretty much no matter what happens or where I go, I'm going to have to try to claw my way up from rock bottom.

@Astrella

Nope, there isn't anyone I can go to. Mom doesn't want me and doesn't care. (That's a seperate rant, but dear lord does she not care.) Dad can't afford to take me and lives in an area with a job market that's even worse than normal. That's pretty much the extent of my relatives. Most of the people I know here still live with *their* parents, and it's not like I'd be able to get off their couch quickly even if they could take me for a bit.

It's kind of terrifying. Combine that with the sad created by the problems with that one guy, and it's not a good week at all.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-05-30 at 07:08 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.