Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
Therefore, I started a new thread for that, and so far it's going good! If you're female or know someone who is, feel free to drop by and leave a line. The more participants, the better!
I gotta agree with Gensh. The first line of his post, anyway. It seems to be mostly men defending what they perceive to be offended women, women not being all that offended, and one or more (presumably female) posters who are complaining more about the aesthetic of Exalted not jiving with what they think the aesthetic of Exalted should be, rather than that the aesthetic is necessarily offensive.

I think you already know my stance on Exalted's aesthetic, insofar as "armor" is concerned. I played a character who wore absolutely nothing but a (ostensibly Irish) skirt. He was awesome. If that character had been a woman, I would not have changed her clothes, nor would I have expected her to be any less awesome. Why? This is Exalted. I can parry the moon with my face. Why should something so mundane and human as a half-inch of metal strapped to me be a necessity if I, as a player, don't want it to be?

But, more on topic, I actually had planned, this morning, to make a post in your thread, after speaking with two of my female friends (one who had played Exalted, and one who knows of it but has not played it) throughout the day. Both of their reactions were variants of "...why would I be offended by this? " which, I didn't think would make a very interesting post at all. So, I dunno - I guess that's two more points of data for you? Nothing particularly grandiose.