Magnus's eyes take a hard glint. "We will not be responsible for your reprehensible deeds. If you condemn villagers below, then the burden for that rests with you. Not us. If you attempt to tug at my heartstrings, to get me to spare your wretched lives, then you forget that I can see a bigger picture, and think not of where the water goes, but of where you will. Just as the water brings life, you bring suffering where you go. And if we don't stop you here, you will just bring it elsewhere. Were I to let that happen, then I would be responsible for every crime you committed hereafter. Your actions are your own, as is the responsibility for them. If you drain your second dam, it will cause suffering, true. But if you are stopped, here and now, it will be the last suffering you cause. Just remember, when the minions that shield you are dead, and you are bleeding on the ground... I offered you your life. Seek mercy from your god, you will find no more from me. Send your message to your lackeys. Perhaps they shall hear your screams through that link, and reconsider."

At this, Magnus readies his heavy shield, convinced that there is no further point in talking.