Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
You may be able to rapid fire from an AK. Most civilians or cops can't. Handheld machine guns are extremely difficult for even trained troops to use, which is why the BAR and M14 were removed from service. As for crew-served-weapons, which are more feasible, they aren't all that portable, and take time to get into position.

Note that I never said soldiers would have problems. It was the idea that "any muggle can pick up a gun" that I have objections to.
I think it's more that a child can pick up a gun and shoot someone. As in the possibility exists that they can pull it off. Or you can train a child to take the shot and they can. The wizard's don't have that advantage as they need to want to kill someone to pull off the killing curse not just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
Fun(er) Fact: I've always felt that Slytherin probably threw the best parties. They seem most likely to brew their own intoxicants and sneak in hookers. Sort of the underage Delta House of Hogwarts.
Nice. But I think it goes to Hufflepuffs. They seem like the sort to work hard and party all night. Like Oil riggers home from work.