View Single Post

Thread: Campus Vigilantes

1. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Campus Vigilantes

(OOC: These events happened in initiative order, but for narrative purposes it is not necessarily the order in which they are described below. All rolls in the OOC thread.)

Leon's knife sliced Gregory across the arm and opened a deep gash that oozed viscous black blood. The vampire's eyes widened for a moment at the ferocity of the attack, but he then flashed his fangs at Leon in an amused smile, as if glad to meet someone who put up a good fight.

A split second later, the front door of the Starbucks crashed open, bringing in light from the neon signs of Adams Blvd. Lillian was framed in the doorway, and in her hand she held a switchblade that glowed with rosy light from behind her. She lunged at Bruce's exposed back; his size made him the most obvious target. The big man whirled, far quicker than a brute like him had any right to be, and backhanded her hard across the face before she could strike. The force of the blow almost knocked her to the ground and she drew back a step dazedly, her lower lip bleeding.

The next one through the front door, Neil, made good use of the distraction caused by Lillian to aim a stab at Bruce's exposed left flank. The henchman tried to catch Neil's knife hand to protect his chest, but only cut his palm against the blade. From the amount of blood that dribbled between his fingers, the man clearly had a beating heart.

Then the back door opened and Fred, the thug who had been standing guard outside, charged at Christian from behind like a raging bull. The rookie turned to shoot his attacker, but was a little too slow; Fred aimed a kick at his arm and threw his aim off just as he pulled the trigger. The bullet ended up somewhere in the ceiling.

Meanwhile, as Gregory raised his revolver again to fire at Leon, a long, thin blade pierced his chest from behind at heart level. The vampire blinked... There was something disturbing, even for an undead lord of the night, about two feet of steel protruding from your body and dripping with your blood.

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya!" exclaimed Maxwell cheerily. "You kidnapped some chick. Prepare to die. Permanently, this time!"

Maxwell twisted his rapier in the wound, then yanked it out with a sickening noise. A look of utter shock on his face, Gregory opened his mouth as if to speak, but his words turned to a gurgle as blood bubbled between his lips. He collapsed face down, his eyes wide open.

"Aww, that fast?" sighed Max, disappointed. "Seriously, I expected better."

Maria's veneer of cold dignity went right out the window when she saw how easily Max had dispatched Gregory. She looked left and right and seemed to realize that her side was now outnumbered six to three. Cursing under her breath, she bravely turned and ran out the front door.

"Hold them off!" she shouted at her two henchmen over her shoulder.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whew. A combat with so many people is a bitch to roll and write. Thankfully, it looks like it will be over sooner than I thought.

Gregory took 2 lethal damage from Leon.
    Lillian took 2 bashing damage from Bruce.
    Christian took 1 bashing damage from Fred.
    Bruce took 3 lethal damage from Neil.
    Gregory took 6 lethal damage from Maxwell. He's in torpor.

Matthew and Leon may now act. No need to do it in initiative order, just post when you can. If you want to go after Maria, I'll come up with rules when I have the time (it's 1 AM over here), taking into account that Bruce is still between you and the front door and will do what he can to cover his employer's retreat.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-06-02 at 01:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.