Wow. Just... wow. I find myself bowing to true masters of Tier Five Optimization, masters who can do such without sacrificing character fluff, and have, in fact inspired myfriend to go even further with his character.

Now, he hasn't abandoned St. Cuthbert, but has added Wee Jas to the mix, finding him (the PC) sponsored by both. At level 1, he has drawn from Drgn # 349 to replace Det. Evil with Gaze of Truth (a good bodyguard ability in a setting of intrigue) and also added Smiting Arrow, which adds to, rather than replacing, the Smite Evil ability. He has also replaced Ride with Tumbling. Considering his odd patronage/matronage, he will be allowed to cherry-pick levels of Ruby Rose Knight and Mystic Fire Knight (a la Wee Jas). As for St. Cuthbert's influence, his first feat chosen is Cuthbert's Smite, followed by Power Attack. So will he embody the ideas of Justice, Chivalry, Learning, and even Courtly Romance, all while kicking bushles upon bushles of vile posterior!

H'e's also trying to figure a way to weasle-in and abuse that Weapons Drill thing, of course ...

Now, as promised a day or two ago, my re-work of the [I]Swashbuckler Class[/I]:

BAB, Saves, HD, and Starting Money are the same.
Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Jump, Profession, Sense Motive, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope; (4+ Int Mod) x 4, +(4+ Int Mod)/class level

WP: simple, martial, + 1 light (or Wp Finesse) or ranged Exotic WP
AP: light, lt. shield, buckler

Special:
Weapon Finesse (1)
Riposte (1, + each odd-numbered level, as in Cityscape Web Enh.)
Grace (2, 11, 20, as origional)
Insightful Strike (3,as origional)
AC Bonus (4, as Swdsg Wisdom bonus to AC, but based onstead on Intelligence; opperates in no/lt armor and shields)
Dodge (5, as feat, +1 ea. at levels 10, 15, and 20; also acts as feat for prerequisites)
Accrobatic Charge (7, as origional)
Imp. Flanking (8, as origional)
Lucky (11, as origional)
Accrobatic Mastery (13, as origional)
Weakening Critical (14)
Slippery Mind (17)
Wounding Critical (19)

OK, let THAT slaughter begin!