Nai:

I'm going to give you two very concrete replies here.

First, while I get how sad it is when a friendship changes, this friendship has changed. It has changed because, evidently, your friend has a problem with accepting you. While this is hurtful, this is not your problem to fix. The friendship has died, for reasons that are not your fault. You do have my sincere condolences, but I advise you to bury it before it starts to stink.

Letting this go will let you focus on what is really important here: getting more income and a place to live before August. If I faced this very stressful situatuion, I'd keep my current job, but apply for an additional job during hours others find less attractive, such as weekends. You can make a ton of money on weekends.

May I particularly recommend applying for a job at Starbucks? My reasonsfor this are:
1. You mentioned wanting to move to Seattle one day, and I believe transferring is possible.
2. They will train you.
3. If you stay longer than the summer, they will train you for higher-paying work such as a manager position.
4. Even if pulling shots and foaming milk is not your job choice, lots of things you do at Starbucks look good on a resume.

Check out the local library and see if they have any free classes on how to build a resume.

Good luck.

Totally Guy:

Let me say how impressed I am that you did that ride at all, much less nekkid. I'm sorry it was a let down. When you imagine things will be one way, and they go drastically another, it is always a huge disappointment.

My advice is to find another fun goal soon. Making new plans is the best way to overcome disappointment. Meanwhile, as a person whose planned adventures have often gone awry, I can assure you that this story will, in time, feel less humiliating and will miraculously become ... funny.

At work, you are not obliged to retell the story. But if someone asks, you might be gracious enough to say this:

"I went because I promised my friends I would, and I always try to keep my word. But it was a more challenging bike ride than I expected. I decided to stop early. But at least I know now I kept my word, even when it is difficult for me to do so."