Canada
D.esp: 10

To Spain/Hungary
Spoiler
Show

We are Glad that this is not a spot on our relations. As to what we were attempting to gain I will explain. The balance of power on our continent is very fragile, and should a change in the balance of power occur war will likely result. This does not bode well for our nation.

When we thought they would invade Spain we were worried. Spain's Alliance with Aztlan lets them have a great effect on the balance of power. Granted none of that is direct, however it is still significant. Should Spain have fallen the balance of power would have shifted, and one or another war would have resulted. We don't want to deal with another continental war so soon, and as such informed you, so that you would survive the suspected invasion, preserving the balance of power.

To Saloa,(also PRA, but they are not the main recipient)
Spoiler
Show

(OOC: I can beat esp defense so I am following the conversation)
You have speculated that the larger international community would not care about what is going on with Madagascar, however Canada at least is interested. We do not want another war so soon after the last great war. We need a time of peace in order to repair the world from the last war. If a dispute was brought forth we would of course side with the wronged party, however going to war without even attempting a diplomatic solution will lose you any good will that you otherwise may have had.