Ceric:
Rawhide is right. Go now and study with your pals. Keep in mind that teaching someone else to do something (as your friends will do for you if you go) is a great way to study ... so you might actually be a help to them.

It's an awful feel to know you've let yourself down. But now is not the time to berate yourself for what you wish you had done. Now iis the time to *cram*. Just do the best you can. After finals, you can make a plan for how you will do better next time.

Good luck and hang in there.

Totally Guy:
I like Marillion's advice much better than mine!

I sympathize with your dilemma. I too have had friends bail out on events I planned. What I learned from that (repeated) experience was this: planning creates a sense of ownership. If only one person plans, that person has all the sense of ownership of the event. This means to that one person (me) the event is very important, while to everyone else it is just a date on a calendar. So when possible I try not to be the sole planner/organizer.

On the other hand, I think your pals don't quite realize how lucky they are to have a friend like you who keeps his promises.

Blue:
Crow has given some awesome advice. The only thing I can think to add is that sometimes it takes some practice to remember to do fun things. It's even possible to forrget what is fun. I know that sounds weird, but it is true. I think lots of people are hard on themselves for "not knowing how to have fun" .... but frankly, fun is a skill same as anything else. As the Cat in the Hat says, "It's good to have fun, but you've got to know how!"

So it's important to set time aside to do fun things, for the same reasons it's important to set time aside to study: once one gets out of the habit, it's hard to return to it.

Your friend is lucky to have a friend like you.

Be well everyone.

Monkey