Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
Did anyone push the lady down the stairs? That was awesome, and I managed to have a Moment of Greatness when I killed her with 19 damage.
It didn't go that well at my table, though some of that may have been due to the fact that my DM never showed. I had to run the table with no preparation (I wanted to avoid spoilers) and nobody else was playing a leader. (I'm sure they only tolerate my poor Paul Bearer impression because the svirfneblin death priest is their only source of healing.) The rogue got off to a great start for the second week in a row, bloodying the lady in question with his first shot, and then the slayer got to charge, hit with Power Strike...

...and roll minimum damage. No one hit her again before his next turn came around (the rogue got distracted by skeletons), he switched to a damage-boosting stance, and hit... again for the minimum damage. The rogue had to finish her off in round three, but a single hit point from any source would have done it. By that time, however, her efforts had done a fair amount of damage to both the slayer and the defender, and it got worse. The only target I hit for ongoing poison damage was the dwarf, and he rolled a 4 on that save every time. (At least it meant I could hit him a second time with that attack and not feel guilty about poisoning him again.)

It was ultimately the skeletons that were their undoing. The controller had awful luck on his attack rolls and never managed to kill more than two at a time, even with his daily. I eventually had a few of them wasting shots on folks that were already out for the count, but the sheer weight of numbers left everyone standing with fewer than 5 hp. The slayer fell to three failed death saves, the knight passed three, then failed two, then finally got the 20 needed to get back up...just as the fight came to a close.

Still, that beat the experience at the next table over, where none of the melee strikers would approach the lady and half the group was too busy looking to strike from shadows to ever strike at all.