Halabael shrugged with a deadpan expression before smiling once more at the most visible rise he got from that one. Easily manipulated, it seems. The man also did not seem to have much physicality to threaten him, so Halabael was on the whole, unimpressed. The words had much bark, but he suspected little bite.

"Well, to begin, I'm not a canine, so pup is a poor selection... I'm no mongrel. Further, there is no pack until one is formed. We're individuals. Thirdly, I also did not turn on anyone, merely pointed out your question was redundant. Additionally, if anyone is 'turning on a packmate', it is you, threatening me with violence for pointing out your flaws. You should consider refining your social skills, elf, you'll live longer that way. As for terms, I only ask that you pay attention... unless you're interested in bartering with Baator."

The Half-Fiend's reply was mildly amused but primarily bored with the response, completely unconcerned with the elf as it were. He had no intention of initiating a conflict, but was fully ready to engage in an altercation should one occur.