"Hmmm... let me have a look, maybe I can tell whether it was beasts or blades that did the killing. Let's not get so wrapped up we get ambushed, or forget to leave enough time to scout out the keep before we bed down there... and I STILL would like a stream so we don't waste any water, although I suppose this blood should be all flaked off by the time it is time for me to write up what I have discovered today."

Spoiler
Show
(1d20+10)[14] Heal as forensic "weapon" and "time since death" identification. Don't necessarily give me the results yet, I am going to keep going with each body as it is uncovered (or every other shovel stroke on average if I am doing the finer work of uncovering an individual body, which might give me some sort of circumstance bonus.

Pala goes over to the mule and gets the shovel off of it. As it clears the pack saddle, the tool grows in his grasp to fit his frame*.

"And here I thought the only thing I would be using this for was digging latrines."

*((I think that is how Enlarge Person would work, if not I can unbuckle the belt, grab the shovel, then rebuckle the belt while wearing it.))

Spoiler
Show
Don't forget I am large size and strength 16 right now... Con is only 12, but then again the breaks to examine the bones will probably mean that I will just be SLOW, not EXHAUSTED. Of course, if I would get better results as far as getting an idea of cause of death with STR 14 and Dex 12 instead of 10, then I will unbuckle the belt.