The coat rack rouses itself and says "well, so much for doing me any favors, don't know what I expected anyway." It then proceeds into the kitchen and starts clattering some plates out onto the table and busily making some eggs.

It also switches on the television, which is broadcasting the local news, and shouts out "Helen, get up! I'm not letting you spend the entire Saturday in bed!" This has the side effect of waking everyone but Stephanie if they weren't awake already. The coat rack does not seem to care, and indeed seems to be doing its utmost to pretend the rest of you just aren't there, although it did set up plates for everyone.

The news cycles through several issues very quickly. First, there's going to be a big celebration the next day. Apparently the Golden Gate Bridge is having its 75th anniversary, and you've arrived just on that weekend. They expect the fog to clear out by Sunday evening and there is a planned fireworks show to be held on the bridge. According to the anchor, it will "light up the whole bay like the 4th of July." The San Francisco Giants are doing well, but their star pitcher has been doing terribly. People are saying it's almost like he was replaced by a totally different person. There's going to be an election pretty soon. Several candidates are running for supervisor and a couple of state senate positions. You see the candidate for district 7 speaking in the background on a pedestal. She's not all that clearly visible since the anchor is talking and the picture is fuzzy, but she does appear to have platinum locks of hair, piercing blue eyes, and a proud and impeccable posture. There have been some disappearances downtown, mostly homeless people, but a couple kids were also lost, which has everyone quite worried. They're also still investigating that explosion at the power plant that happened a couple months prior. People are saying it was caused by a gas line with a malfunctioning seal, but investigators think it would be difficult to miss catching that for so long and are continuing their work.