Okay. A little question for the playground. Can you tell me whats going on here please.

First a little background on me…

Spoiler
Show
I’m 32, Male and split up with my Wife/GF for 11 years just over a year ago. I’ve been slow getting back on the scene. But taking them steps.

Is she just messing me about?

So about a month ago. I found out through the grapevine that a girl I met last summer while climbing had split up with her boyf. We had hit it off I think, but nothing happened. Anyway. I decided to take the plunge and FB message her. Nothing to heavy just hello, do you remember me? How are you etc.

I get a message back the next day. Say yes she does, how are you etc. and friends me on FB.

I replied, with little more detail on what I’ve been up to, Just conversational.
5 days later no response.

So message again,( Using Doctor Nerdloves rule. 1 none reply means nothing 2 is a signal 3 is a message I think why not.)

nothing heavy,just “we’re going climbing on x day, Fancy coming along? Here’s my number”

I get a response next day, say she cant as she’s working late and while she really wants to she’s busy “for the next three weeks as friends are visiting” She also gave me her number with a little ;-) wink. Cool a number, good work thinks I, a little persistence paid off.

I reply a few days later saying okay, I’ll txt you soon so we can arrange a time.

~ ~ ~

3 and a bit weeks pass and I pluck up the courage to go straight for a phone call.

Wrong number… Now I’m not a igit. I know that’s a classic bad sign, but she friended me (probably just to FB stalk though eh! :D) so I figure, heck its not like I cant contact her on FB, and if she actual didn’t want to climb / date whatever she probably wouldn’t have replied in the 1st place.

So I resign myself to one last message. (am I in Desperate stages yet ;))

Hey, Times up! Send your friends home if you have too.. Blah blah. But got a wrong number, still hoping we can catch up. Keep Well. Blah Blah..
I get a reply within minutes saying

“Sorry that was my old number (actually her brother). That she really wants to come climbing but “July would be better” and I’ll txt you when I’m free. See you soon. X

That was the first x at the end of a message.

So playgrounders…. What gives? What we reckon?

I’m thinking the “I’ll txt you” is a pretty bad sign… Basically saying. Stop bothering me!

But she says straight up she would like to meet up.

Is she saying I would love to climb, but not hock up?
Is she just actually busy?
Is she just dangling me along to see how long I play the little puppy?

Place your bets now.

Thanks
Grogmir.

(P.s Not worried about this. Which is a good sign for me on a personal level. She’s one of many girls out there, just very inexperience with the whole dating thing, so figure might as well come to the experts :D)