1. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Crumbling Kingdom[WIP][D&D 3.5 E6]

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Do you have an idea for the major themes of the setting yet?
    What you would tell people if asked to give a short overview in under one minute.
    Hm, well, first important detail is that I suppose it is similar to Eberron with all the shades of gray. But for general themes, I guess it is primarily political with some sort of mystique. Every leader has their own motivation and most of them have noble intents. Corrupt maybe, but not pure evil. Manipulation and plots are at the forefront rather than magical events, though those certainly would occur too.

I must admit, I've been watching a lot of Game of Thrones, so that's where some inspiration might come from. I'll try my best not to copy much, but there's definitely similar aspects (Bad things to the North is a pretty common one, but still).

Edit: May I also add that this setting is focused primarily on the individual. Nations do play a large role due to their nature, but an individual is able to guide it on its course. There is also a heavy theme of the will over the body, where anyone can reach the top potential (kind of).
    Last edited by ptdapen; 2012-06-15 at 01:30 AM.