View Single Post

Thread: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

1. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Ernir View Post
    Time to get an extended signature, it seems.

Anything we can do to make your work easier?
    Well, getting an Extended Homebrewer's Signature is a great start, for one, so you're technically helping a tiny bit already.

Making my work easier... I dunno if that could be done, but pointing out great classes, suggesting Tags for new classes or classes already listed, suggesting Tiers or providing solid arguments for a change of Tiers of an already listed class are things I am very much hoping to see in this thread and I thank the people who have done a bit of that already.

Other than that, I guess you can try help in making this work stay fun, because as long as it keeps that way, I'll keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Are you going in order of submission or what?
    Nope. I've done something similar to this before, where I DID go in order of submission, but it ended up feeling like a drag largely because of that and people complaining when I accidentally skipped someone. I'm still doing this primarily for myself and as a service to my players (both real life and PbP), with a secondary goal of helping provide a quick evaluation for DMs and players here, as well as giving homebrewers a bit of an idea on where their works stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Do note that although they get access to the whole range of spells from a list they number per day they can cast is very limited and also uses the cleric casting mechanic. Not solid tier 1 material, although probably still in that category overall. I'd personally say borderline tier 1 and tier 3.
    It highly depends on what spell list they choose. They have the spellcasting mechanic of a Tier 1 class and can get access to a spell list of their choice, in which case most players would go for the cleric, druid or sorcerer/wizard list, which are all Tier 1 classes (Tier 2 for the Sorcerer, but the spellcasting mechanic is more like the Wizard's, making it Tier 1). It doesn't matter if they get less spells, the point is that they get them, up to level 9.

The class drops to Tier 3 if the spell list of a different class is chosen (Adept, Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Duskblade, Healer, Hexblade, Magewright, Warmage, etc) or if extensive amounts of cleric/druid/sorcerer/wizard spells are banned or nerfed, but the latter is also needed to bring Tier 1 and Tier 2 classes down to Tier 3, while the former entirely depends on player choice. I'll make note of that though, and put the class under Variable Tier.

First though, I will review the class more to see how much they contribute to the class' versatility and power, see what Tier they would be if they did not have Auspices at all. What do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Since I'm betting you didn't notice the Barrier Mage lurking in my extended sig...

I have 0 ranks in Search and Spot, obviously I will need a hand! I'll get to it all in due time, but "due time" can be a very long time if relatively unknown classes aren't brought to my attention, either by someone posting a link to them or someone who posts in this thread having the link to such a class in their signature or EHS.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-06-17 at 11:36 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries