Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
It highly depends on what spell list they choose. They have the spellcasting mechanic of a Tier 1 class and can get access to a spell list of their choice, in which case most players would go for the cleric, druid or sorcerer/wizard list, which are all Tier 1 classes (Tier 2 for the Sorcerer, but the spellcasting mechanic is more like the Wizard's, making it Tier 1). It doesn't matter if they get less spells, the point is that they get them, up to level 9.

The class drops to Tier 3 if the spell list of a different class is chosen (Adept, Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Duskblade, Healer, Hexblade, Magewright, Warmage, etc) or if extensive amounts of cleric/druid/sorcerer/wizard spells are banned or nerfed, but the latter is also needed to bring Tier 1 and Tier 2 classes down to Tier 3, while the former entirely depends on player choice. I'll make note of that though, and put the class under Variable Tier.

First though, I will review the class more to see how much they contribute to the class' versatility and power, see what Tier they would be if they did not have Auspices at all. What do you say?
But of course, I was simply reminding you not to dismiss the class to tier one offhand. I'd also bet that our personal definitions of tiers vary very slightly. Cool class though.