Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
Horray for less distractions! Man of La Mancha...never heard of it. Deets?

I never expected to be so freely accepted and instantly valued. I'm still rather shocked at how I've become swept up in the tides of Silver Age! :) I believe I'm becoming permanent Build staff or even Moderator status and sam is being promoted to Moderator as well. I've been enjoying the plotting that has been going on surrounding my character. That poor, poor man.
Not watching Man of La Mancha ought to be considered as heinous an offense as not watching Princess Bride! In all seriousness, Man of La Mancha is the movie adaptation of the famous spanish play "Don Quixote de la Mancha", written by the famous playwright Don Miguel de Cervantes. I hear there have been two such adaptations, but I've only ever seen the first. The story of Don Quixote is the spanish equivalent of Romeo and Juliet, in terms of prestige. The story is obviously quiiiite a bit different.

The story follows a man by the name Alonso Quejana, a lesser nobleman in later life. He reads book upon book and becomes disillusioned with the world, hearing far too much of the treachery of man. He gives up on being sane, and decides to be crazy instead. He declares himself Knight Errant and "Sallies Forth" to fight evil, with his still-sane-neighbor as his squire. It is a story of reality versus nonreality, cynicism versus idealism. One of my favorites.

Something I think we sometimes forget here on the OotS forums is that we are a minority. There aren't many of us, though we hang out with our own kind. When we actually get involved elsewhere, it shouldn't be surprising our talents are recognized. And on the Silverage server, we can use every capable set of hands we can get. The two of you have been an enormous help, and I look forward to playing with you in the near future!