Quote Originally Posted by Xechon View Post
Curse you gmail, for not notifying me of fourthland updates sooner!

Anyway, now that I'm all caught up, I have a few things to say:

Silver Age- Am I too late to join? I don't know any of the schedules, but I don't have very much of a life, and would love to hop aboard.

Stealing ideas/minecraft- You see where this is going. Now, I would never just up and take your mind-product, but something I've been thinking of is; fourthland, minecraft based rpg. Essentially a ton of mods in a pack such as you would find on the technic launcher. I can't code java yet, but I'm learning, and eventually I'd love to see this happen, and I belive some others would too.

Minority- I am a simulationist, and very analytical. I like to take ideas, and change them to my mindset, my ultimite design. So it's no surprise that the first thing I did when I was hooked on d&d was to plot all of its errors and try to make a perfect system that would simulate anything and everything realistically. Then, I could add back in all the supernatural, and balance it perfectly with the mundane, and blah blah blah. Then I realised that no one cares, either they are content with D&D or they move to GURPS, and no one (except for me) questions GURPS. All that to say, being a minority sucks for inspiration.
And now, still fascinated in realistic RPGs and physics, both known and theoretical, I am rooting for this system, that completely breaks all of the rules my life has been about... I must say, congratulations, and thank you. I'm even more of a minority because of this project, but I feel like less of one.

And now that my lack-of-sleep induced rant is over, back to the questions. I third the question of what the names of the first 8 energies are, and question how you can add/remove/create/destroy -ness's.
Quote Originally Posted by Xechon View Post
The question still needs re-wording so the genie doesn't twist it around and destroy the world. A generous genie, however, seeing the answer to the previous question and the fact that he is giving 4 wishes instead of the usual 3. Although that's probably just because of the intended repeating numbers going around in his posts.

Edit: I'll try and apply for silver age tonight. My minecraft name is 80sing if it is needed.
Silverage: I think we're technically "Halegron's Handbook" now. Appropriate link to where to apply here. I see no reason why we'd stop accepting applications in the near future. It is worth also reiterating my position as one of the two Whitelisters. Apply, and I'll make sure you get accepted quite quickly. In case I haven't posted it elsewhere, I play Elric Seeker, one of the few survivors from Agazatra. Soon after the start of the new map (WHICH HAS NOT YET OCCURRED), Elric will gain ownership of the human province of Northcrest, the center of learning in the new land of Araethon. So yeah. Feel free to look me up IC, or apply for a Scribe job there.

Stealing Ideas: For copyright reasons, I would kindly request you abstain from the release of any such mods/plugins prior to me copyrighting something
with my name and "Fourthland" on it. I think a minecraft-fourthland crossover is an amazing idea, and I'm very interested to see what you come up with. Do note this matter could be simplified a bit by having a tweaked name (Fifthworld?). We'd still know what it is, but no one would have to worry about copyright infringement.

Minority: I forget if I've posted it elsewhere in this thread, but I tend to be a simulationist myself, believe it or not. Previous game attempts by me have included impeccable mechanics for handling both combat, character growth, and even moral decisions. Everyone that looked over it agreed it was an excellent model. The only problem was how long it took to get through the mechanics. I eventually determined that I was trying to make a game here, not a simulation. So I abandoned our world, in favor of one where I was untethered by the burdensome constraints of real-world physics. And thus Fourthland was born! It's been a learning experience, and I'm intrigued for much the same reason you are. An entirely new world to explore. ENTIRELY NEW. That's worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
Don Quixote isn't a play; it's a novel.

A damn good novel, that would make Cervantes cringe nowadays, since a lot of people see it as supporting chivalry, when it was supposed to do the exact opposite.

I seriously need to finish the book; I borrowed it from the library, and lost reading time to stupid school (damnit school, let us read the classics!)
Shows what I know! I've only ever seen the first movie adaptation, in which the story is phrased as a play. And my spanish class a few years ago was awesome enough to show us the movie.