Taleira Ulharvyth

"Because it's boring and predictable. We know you can do it. We also know you're capable of better, and so does everyone else that matters. Look at what we've accomplished; this ragtag band of ours just invited ourselves in, waltzed right through everything in our way up to and including your pet demon there, and have spent several minutes now chatting with what appears to be the most vapid ghost I've ever seen. Take a second and think about how that makes you look about now. Not very good, is it? Just destroy us, and you end up looking like a petty fool who can't even keep his own private study secure. On the other hand, there are plenty of ways you could spin this situation to make yourself look good. I'm sure you can come up with something."

"Of course, that's before you consider the more direct consequences. You've seen what we're willing to do for one soul. What do you think would happen if we all just disappear? People knew we were coming here before we left. If we don't come back, they will find out what happened. Keeping one soul hidden away here is one thing, but other gods would hear about something this big. It might not matter to us, but we're pretty much replaceable in the end. Gods, though? I can't imagine they'd just sit still and let you get away with it. Ours certainly wouldn't, and then you have to wonder just how many would side with them with souls at stake. How many friends do you have again? Last I heard, even your allies weren't too comfortable with the things you do. I'm pretty sure we couldn't stop you if you decided to do it anyway, but is it really worth the risk?"