View Single Post

Thread: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

1. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

Eltain looks at Edgren, then at Lucan, then back to Edgren.

"Ahh, you must be Lucan's father. So they did at least keep their end of the bargain. I'm almost surprised." He chuckles and claps Lucan on the back. "I'm happy for you, Lucan. Family really is a wonderful thing to have. Having Toveliss with me this last year..." He smiles warmly.

The smile he gives when Cerzei refers to Eilistraee as 'The Heretic' is an entirely different one, ironic and amused.

"Heretic? No, Eilistraee is far from a heretic. I know for a fact that her message of redemption and freedom from the slavery of the Underdark and Lolth is not a false one, or I myself would no longer bear any trace of power." He takes Cerzei's hand gently.

"We are all Corellon's children. And he loves his children. All of them. I've been a member of the Order of the Azure Star for years now, and indeed, many have branded me and the rest of the Order as heretics. But it is not heresy. Even as I openly associate with and help drow, even as I have looked in the Underdark itself for those who might be saved, Corellon still grants me his power, still provides me with his support. When my self-doubt caused me to lose my ability to use the divine magic I had wielded all my life, he filled me with arcane magic instead and sent signs of his support to me." He smiles.

"There is no heresy in her words, nor in mine. Perhaps it is dangerous for you, but we will protect you, and perhaps with us you can see the peace and love that Corellon offers you, if only you will listen to his call."

Eltain nods when Lucan speaks.

"I'd noticed that myself... I haven't spent nearly as much time as you have here, Lucan, but there's definitely something off in the mood of the city from what I saw on the way here. Something is up. I wonder if it has anything to do with the information I've brought?"
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-06-24 at 05:31 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.