OOC: Also, while I'm thinking of it, if you put your checks in a spoiler, I'll spoiler them back for you, in case for whatever reason you dont want the others to see it. If you don't spoiler, I won't, assuming you would tell everyone.

When Devilin knocks on the door, you hear no answer, and no one comes to the door.

@PONIES

Spoiler
Show

Knowledge (Geography) : You are still about a half day away from the nearest town, your planned destination, and a day's walk away from the town you came from. There don't seem to be any settlements around here, but you know that travellers may sometimes stay along your path, if they plan to visit one of the towns for a few days, so it is usually safe to stay outside. Then again, the howls don't seem safe.

Knowledge (Architecture) : That house won't fall, no matter how much huffing and puffing there is to knock it down. What I mean is, a strong storm could damage the house, but aside from natural disaster, the house will be safe.

As Portia looks around, she doesn't see the animals that are howling, and in fact, sees no woodland creatures like you saw closer to the town you left earlier today. You also notice that two of the bushes near you have berries on them, but other than that, the area doesn't seem to have any nourishment.

Also, as the sky grows darker, you see a faint light coming from inside the cabin.