Cedric Hardy
Male LN Human Archivist, Level 3, Init +5, HP 13/13, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 1
Light Crossbow (40) 2 (1d6, 19-20x2)
Quarterstaff 1 (1d6, x2)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 17, Cha 8
Condition None

Cedric's face darkened at the ascetic woman's antics. "No more of that madam, if you please. You make me hope these lupines come for us. I seem to recall that they are magical in some regard, although I can not quite place the specific breed. In any case, I would sooner try to negotiate with Dire Wolves than listen to more of your nonsense. Try to remember decorum."

He placed his floppy hat back on his head, and gazed at the hut. "It may be that this is a traveler's rest, a safe place for those like us who are foolish enough to be caught outside at nightfall. Typically they are built a days journey along well defined routes. Still, it pays to be careful. Mister Loretower, while we still have a few moments of peace, would you be so kind as to examine the lock and see if any malignant devices have been placed to prevent entrance? In a civilized region I would rather sleep outside than violate the sanctity of someone's home, but here I judge that safety is a greater concern than trespass. Meanwhile, I shall examine the aura of the place. It could be that the light and lack of firewood are magical convenience for the weary traveler."

With those words, he took a few steps back, whispered a short prayer to Boccob, and swiped a hand across his own eyes. Then he examined the forest hut closely.

OOC:
@All
Spoiler
Show
When I spoiler something, I expect everyone to read it, I'm just separating it from my in game narrative. I don't hide any ooc stuff, even if it is working against your characters, because I figure we can all keep that stuff separate. Should I use private tags or whatever the equivalent is here?

Marlowe: Cedric may be annoyed, but I am fascinated and horrified. Nice job!

DM: I'm casting Detect Magic, and examining the hut for auras. It lasts for up to three minutes so after I'm done examining the house I'll take a look around me at the forest and my companions.
Also: I realized I forgot to detail my 0 level spells on the character sheet, so Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, and Purify Food & Drink are my choices, if that's alright. I figure as an experienced traveler, he'd want his light, food and water ensured as much as possible.