Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
You think, "Oh woe is me, the genocide spell I cast accidentally hit mostly-humans and I should have anticipated that possibility" shows that Vaarsuvius is moving in the direction of, "Oh woe is me, I cast a genocide spell"?

I sure don't. I care a great deal about the direction the story's going; to be precise, his/her blubbering about having accidentally killed the Draketooths has me concerned that those of us who want Vaarsuvius to pay for his/her actions are going to be fobbed off with, "S/he feels guilty for something connected to the Familicide! That makes up for the fact that s/he will never acknowledge that what s/he was trying to do was a horrific Xykon-level atrocity, unintended consequences be damned!"
But you don't KNOW that will be the case at all. The Giant has repeatedly drawn our attention to the horrors of familicide before we knew it killed non-dragons.

No one here thinks V is fine and dandy, but the people who show up in every single discussion to say "GOOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR V TO SUFFER IN A MILLION WAYS" are adding nothing we don't already know.