Default Re: [IC] TW:epic fantasy

The Risen Empire
    Morale: +++++ +++

To: The Coalition[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Alcinus speaks one last time.

"The magical attack has begun. It should conclude in seven days time."

A strange ritual-conclusion[+++](Risen Empire internal)
    Spoiler
    Show

The rituals have hit their peak. The air of Patria is saturated with magical energy, and it is being bound into a large golden ball by the magi. This sphere hangs directly over the Emperor's Palace, the beating heart of the Risen Empire. Finally, once the sphere has attained sufficient size after months of rituals, the Emperor rises from His throne.

Slowly, He ascends to the sphere. As He enters it, the sphere is absorbed, and its magical energies are made available to the Emperor. For seven days and seven nights the Emperor floats over His capitol, His light illuminating His empire as though He were the sun.

The Emperor's Attack on Dhevan[-](world event)
    Spoiler
    Show

A sun column pierces through the overcast sky, seeming to push the clouds away from it. The column lands on the tower of Dhevan's foremost magister, and slowly begins to expand. Within a day, all of Dhevan is encapsulated within the column of light.

Those caught within the light report that they could feel their mind being surrounded by some kind of being. To quote one:

"I was suspended in a field of light. I was aware of numerous others nearby. My friends, my family, and my unit. I couldn't sense them, but I knew that they were there, and I could feel it when they were attacked, and destroyed. I do not know why I was spared, buy when I came to from that horrible void of light, I was surrounded by madmen that were once known to me."

After seven days, the attack ceases, and the column of light fades. The damage done, however, will last for years to come...
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-06-26 at 05:39 PM.